Marketing offers support for campaigns to develop audiences for new music being released into targeted markets.
Funding is available for marketing new releases, tours, concerts, launches and shows that seek to develop the commercial value of South Australian music.
You can apply for up to $5,000 towards the costs associated with the project.
Click here to download this information into a PDF document for printing.
Elizabeth Reid - Project Officer, Contemporary Music
(08) 7320 3307
South Australian based musicians and music industry representatives who are creating and working with original, South Australian music of all genres are eligible to apply.
Please check the commencement date for the round to which you are submitting an application. Projects that start during or after the month following the commencement date are eligible for funding.
Please read the criteria specified in Essential reading before applying.
Applications will be assessed by the Contemporary Music peer assessment panel according to the following criteria:
- Artistic quality and merit
- Good planning and effective use of resources with realistic outcomes
- Demonstrated outcomes that will develop the professional career of the artist/s involved
- The contribution that the 'project' makes to a progressive music sector in South Australia.
While you may request funding for up to $5,000 in this category, you are encouraged to discuss your budget with the relevant Arts South Australia project officer, and look at past grant recipients as a guide.
Eligible expenses include advertising, design and production of promotional and marketing collateral, professional fees for services provided by publicists, web developers and/or photographers.
Before submitting an application, be sure to read the following information:
Ensure that you submit one signed original hard copy of your complete application, including all support material and one digital version on either a cd or usb, again, including digital copies of all relevant support material, including:
- Web links to samples of your music
- Letters of support from industry professionals
- Web links to relevant online press kit information.
- I have discussed my application with an Arts South Australia program officer
- I have supplied one signed original hard copy and one digital copy of the entire application and supporting documents
- Where appropriate, I have supplied current letters of support from the relevant Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander artists or organisations endorsing the cultural merits of the project
- I have retained a copy of this application for my records.